After few months of pureeing and mashing food, your baby is now ready to try more variety. You should now increase the amount of supplementary food and also balance the different types of nutrient by feeding your child more variety of food. You may also want to add a little oil or sugar to the increase the energy density of the food, but it should be added in moderation.
Suitable foods include the followings:
1. Rice, noodles, pasta, cereal
2. Chicken, fish with bone removed, bean curd or tofu, cheese
3. Vegetable such as carrots, pumpkin, tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, cucumber
4. Fruit such as apple, mandarin orange, pear, peach, persimmon, avocado, raspberries, butternut squash
5. Oils and fats: butter, vegetable oil, artificial cheese