1. Normal Vaginal Discharge During Pregnancy
2. Abnormal Vaginal Discharge During Pregnancy
3. Avoid Home Treatment
Normal Vaginal Discharge During Pregnancy
It is normal to have vaginal discharge during pregnancy and it is in fact common to have more discharge during pregnancy.
Normal vaginal discharge during pregnancy is called leukorrhea which is thin, white, mild-smelling and milky.
You may notice there is an increase in vaginal discharge as compared to the time when you were not pregnant. This is partly because of the increase in the blood flow to the vaginal area to support the growth of the baby during pregnancy.
If your vaginal discharge is normal, you do not need to worry.
Abnormal Vaginal Discharge During Pregnancy
You should call your doctors immediately for the following situations:
1. There is spotting or bleeding that is accompanied by cramp or severe pain in your vaginal discharge.
2. If the vaginal discharge has a strong smelling, accompanied by redness or itching. This can be a sign of infection.
3. When there is an increase in the vaginal discharge and a change in the type of vaginal discharge, for example when it becomes bloody. This can be a sign of pre-term labor.
4. When there is a lot of thin, clear discharge and you are not sure whether it is aminotic fluid.
5. When you suspect there is an infection. For example, you may experience pain, soreness, itchness or a burning sensation during urination or intercourse.
Vaginal Discharge During Pregnancy - Avoid Home Treatment
Whenever you suspect there is an infection or there is a change in normal vaginal discharge, never try to diagnose it yourself and take the over-the-counter medicine. You should call your doctors right away who can give you a professional diagnosis and treatment.