Pregnancy Week 35: Development of the baby and Change to Mother
Development of the baby
1. The fetus has a body length of 51cm and a weight of 2.5 kg.
2. The fetus' subcutaneous fat will help to regulate his or her body temperature after birth.
3. The two kidneys have fully developed. The liver is now able to carry out metabolism.
4. The fetus' fingernails are growing as well.
Changes to the expectant mother
1. The pregnant mother will experience difficulty in breathing due to her growing uterus pressurizing the other organs.
2. By this week, most expectant mothers have gained a weight of about 12kg.
3. Varicose veins may appear this week. Pregnant mothers are encouraged to do some very gentle exercises such as brisk walking to alleviate this problem.
It takes a village to raise a child !
Join our Facebook Group For 2023 SG Mummies or Facebook Group For 2022 SG Mummies.